Is it YOU that we’re looking for?
Unlike most other print operations, TJ Books is fortunate to be based right near to the sea, in Padstow, Cornwall. And our people-first business is all about enabling our team to be able to make the most of our location, and the enviable Cornish lifestyle.
We are a leading employer in the area, and pride ourselves on being a successful, well-known business, committed to focusing on a bright future, and collectively going places. Our can-do attitude, and place in the fast-paced, dynamic industry, means we’re always on the look-out for new talent, and people who are seeking a role in a thriving company.
Printing provides a plethora of long-game options for good people who are interested in a job role that suits their personality and their ambitions. We offer a higher salary and more benefits than many of our surrounding neighbours and we are interested in hearing from people who are straight out of school or college, as well as those who have an impressive set of skills and experience within the print world, or interesting transferrable skills.
If you think you could make a great addition to our team, please email your CV to [email protected].
Looking to start a new career in the Print Industry? This is a great role to start you on your journey. The Bindery is the final stage in preparing the books for our customers and therefore the person carrying out this role is has an important part to play in making sure everything is in line with the customer requirements.
For those who are interested in learning more there are often opportunities to move into an Operator role at a later stage or even learn about a completely new area of the business.
- Safe and efficient packing of soft and hardback books ready for despatch whilst ensuring the book is of a consistent high quality and matches the customer order
- Ensure accurate data is submitted to the Management Information System
- Ensure daily housekeeping is carried out
- Good attention to detail
- Strong work organisational skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Enthusiastic and positive
Curious about the world of Print? Like working with Computer software? Then why not apply to join our team as an Apprentice? We are looking for a capable and curious individual to learn the processes involved in getting a book ready for printing. This involves manipulating and managing customer files and images through various software such as Adobe or Illustrator etc to enable it to move to the press for printing.
This role will involve off the job training
- Confirm that digital files required for the printing process are present, valid, correctly formatted and of the desired type (preflight) to ensure suitability for printing
- Make changes to files as required
- Prepare files for imposition for Lithographic platemaking and Digital output
- Output lithographic printing plates
- Advise Client Services of potential issues with files and offer solutions
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and face to face
- Act as a backup for other internal departments as required
- IT literacy is essential
- Good level of Maths and English
- Experience of any Adobe software is useful
- Excellent communication skills whether face to face, via email or telephone
- Give clear concise information
- Good organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand routine instructions
- Positive approach to problem resolution